When I was walking out of Coachella 2012 (weekend 2, if you must know) on Sunday night, some guy said, “Coachella is a hologram.” Then everyone started to cheer and chant, “Coachella! Coachella! Coachella!” Even after the music was over, it was exhilarating. So, since I can’t seem to think about anything else but this past weekend, I’m going to share my favorite moments. It’s the strangest thing – I am always aware that this festival is going to be a thrill (it has been every year for the past three years), but somehow, it just gets better and better. Coachella is like wine, it gets better with age.
- Camping in lot 5 (it was literally like 7 minutes from the festival grounds)
- Radiohead – i have cuts on my ankles from dancing, I’m hoping it’ll leave a scar
- Radiohead – listening to There There live again, it’s always amazing
- The Hologram (you know what I’m talking about)
- Justice! – dancing to “We Are Your Friends” with my friends
- Discovering Gaslamp Killer
- The kid who was bobbing his head with his middle finger in the air at the Gaslamp Killer show
- Eating nachos and a blueberry lemonade
- Walking like a zombie after Radiohead
- Sneaking food in
- The box on top of my friends head that said, “I’m famous”
- Letting my phone die
- Living first, taking pictures later
- Dancing in the sun
- Dancing under the stars
- My friend winning a VIP pass
- The beautiful couple at the Goyte show
- The moment Swedish House Mafia started playing and I realized where I was
- When the audience at the Goyte show started to sing Kimbra’s part of “Somebody I Use To Know”
- The boy in dreadlocks
One down, two to go. I have my first outfit for Coachella! It’s a beautiful dress by Madonna’s Material Girl. It’s very appropriate for the desert. I’ll post a picture of it when we get closer to the date. It might fit me a little loose by that time (since I’m on this crazy diet), but I think it’ll still look pretty cute.
Coachella Excitement Meter: 7.5/10
Yes, I’ve seen Thom Yorke before but not like last night. He was right in front of me, just a few feet away.
About this weekend:
My ‘star-struck’ moment was when Beyonce came to the stage during Jay-Z. I am not kidding, I almost fainted.
My ‘great discovery’ was Jonsi. Amoeba next, for some records.
My ‘best camp moment’ was showering after waiting in line for three hours with Paula and Dianne (but Dianne bailed).
The greatest moment, you say? Seeing Thom Yorke, of course. I love that man. I am in love with that man.
So I’ve seen Thom Yorke. I’ve seen Beyonce. I’ve seen Paul McCartney. Life is pretty much complete.